I now have the engine and transmission fully installed in the truck. What I mean by fully is that originally the transmission crossmember (to which the transmission mount attaches) wouldn’t go back into place. It sat about 2 inches behind the holes in the frame for it. Using the engine hoist, a crowbar and copious amounts of vulgarities, I managed to move the whole thing forward. So now it is mounted in the truck the way God and Henry Ford intended it.
So tomorrow, after my trip to the dentist, I am going to run the fuel lines, mount the fuel pump and start attaching wires to the ignition switch.
It may seem like a long-time since I started this project, but I am amazed that I really am only a day or two’s worth of futzing around– no really more like a few hours– before I can attempt to crank this bad boy up.